Dappled Things is a quarterly journal dedicated to publishing works of beauty steeped in Catholicism’s rich tradition in literature and the arts. We publish short stories, essays, poems, short plays, and works of visual art that take advantage of this vast treasury to enrich and engage contemporary culture. In an environment dominated by headlines and 24-hour controversies, Dappled Things is a journal dedicated to the permanent things.
Artwork from our pages:
30% Off for Readers of Commonweal
To celebrate the release of our new digital edition for handheld devices, we are offering subscriptions to readers of Commonweal at a 30% discount until November 30th—an offer that applies to both the print and digital versions of the journal. To take advantage of this special offer, enter the coupon code “weal” when making your purchase.
Top 5 Reasons to Subscribe to Dappled Things Now
5) Dappled Things is beautiful. You need beauty in your life.
4) Your coffee table or bookshelf will look that much more literate with a copy of DT on it. When your friends ask what it is, you can put on your hipster glasses and say, “Oh, it’s a quarterly—you’ve probably never heard of it.”
3) Dappled Things is smart. The brilliant writers and artists we publish will feed your soul and your mind. You can expect serious engagement with deep ideas in each of our issues. The articles we feature address a wide range of topics related to culture and life, considered through the prism of a thoughtful and searching faith.
2) We don’t just talk—much less whine—about culture. We’re in the business of creating it.
1) At 30% off, a digital subscription is only $10.50 a year, and a print one $14! The price per year is even less if you purchase multiple years. This offer is only valid until September 8th, 2014, so don’t miss out!
Praise for Dappled Things
“Dappled Things provides an invaluable forum for young Catholic writers. It is the journal in which a new generation is discovering itself.” — Dana Gioia
“Each issue contains a royal flush in the Catholic gamble with the modern world, in its poetry, short stories, essays, criticism, and artwork. Each issue awakens the soul to meet its Maker. Each issue—for me personally—is a welcome respite from the eternal snark of the Internet.” — Marc Barnes, BadCatholic
“[An] excellent literary journal . . . with excellent essays, fiction, art and poetry.” — Amy Welborn, Open Book
Dappled Things is available in digital format for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android devices, Kindle Fire, BlackBerry, and Windows 8.