Dappled Things is a quarterly dedicated to art and writing that seriously engages questions of faith. The stories, essays, poems, short plays, and works of visual art that you will find in our pages are not afraid to take reality seriously, engaging the fullness of our human nature in all its messy complexity. In an environment dominated by headlines and 24-hour controversies, Dappled Things seeks to enrich and challenge contemporary culture by creating a space for the permanent things.
Artwork from our pages:
30% Off Exclusive Offer
As a gift to recipients of our J.F. Powers Prize for Short Fiction announcement, we are offering subscriptions at a 30% discount until November 27th, 2015 (the prize deadline)—an offer that applies to both the print and digital versions of the journal. To take advantage of this special offer, enter the coupon code “jfpowers” when making your purchase.
Top 5 Reasons to Subscribe to Dappled Things Now
5) Dappled Things is beautiful. You need beauty in your life.
4) Your coffee table or bookshelf will look that much more literate with a copy of DT on it. When your friends ask what it is, you can smugly raise your pipe and say, “Oh, it’s a quarterly—you’ve probably never heard of it.”
3) Dappled Things is smart and faithful. The brilliant writers and artists we publish will feed your mind and your soul. You can expect serious engagement with deep ideas in each of our issues. The articles we feature address a wide range of topics related to culture and life, considered through the prism of a thoughtful and searching faith.
2) We don’t just talk—much less whine—about culture. We’re in the business of creating it.
1) At 30% off, a digital subscription is only $10.50 a year, and a print one $14! The price per year is even less if you purchase multiple years. This offer is only valid until August 31st, 2015, so don’t miss out!
Praise for Dappled Things
“[Y]ears from now an Edwin O’Connor may look back and recall how he got his start with Dappled Things.” — Richard John Neuhaus, First Things
“This publication serves as one of the greatest outlets of Beauty—true Beauty mind you, which is ever distinct from prettiness—that I’ve ever known. Each issue contains a royal flush in the Catholic gamble with the modern world, in its poetry, short stories, essays, criticism, and artwork. Each issue awakens the soul to meet its Maker. Each issue—for me personally—is a welcome respite from the eternal snark of the Internet.” — Marc Barnes, BadCatholic
“[An] excellent literary journal . . . with excellent essays, fiction, art and poetry.” — Amy Welborn, Open Book
Dappled Things is available in digital format for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android devices, Kindle Fire, BlackBerry, and Windows 8.